Thursday, March 14, 2013

What is Paleo??

The Paleolithic Diet
Ancient Answers to Modern Problems
(That is definitely something to think about)
 

 
Since starting Paleo I have had so many people ask me what it is. I would just look at them with this dumb look on my face because I honestly did not know what to say. I know it about a clean and healthy way of eating, but it is really much more than that. I can change your life without you even realizing it. When you eat better and not feeling your body with junk: You Just Feel Better! That allows you to be able to do more things throughout the day and get more achieve in life.

Above is a chart that tells you what you can eat and why. Then it also tells you what you cannot eat and why. The easiest way for me to remember it is to think of the food pyramid. Instead of having all the different categories, there is only four. Nuts, Fruits, Vegetables, and Meats, Eggs, Fish. Then think about nuts being at the top, then fruits, then vegetable, and then finally meats, eggs, and fish being at the bottom. The pyramid naturally gets larger as you go to the bottom so it means eat everything in it, but eat more of what is towads the bottom. Simple enough right?
We are eating "REAL" food and this is not a low calorie diet. Some people do start this diet to lose weight, but then soon realize how much they have changed for the better and continue on it. I encourage everyone to give it a try. If not for a lifetime at least try it out for 1 month. You will be amazed at home after one month it just becomes normal to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment